What it is:
A wicked awesome twist on classic dodgeball.
What you’ll need:
- A place to play dodgeball (preferably a gym for the lines)
How to play:
- Divide up into two teams
- Have two players from each team on their respective sides, while the rest of the team is on the sideline in a line (as if they were out and waiting for their chance to get back in the game, just like classic dodgeball)
- Start the game like you normally would, “1, 2, 3 Dodgeball!” Each team of two can run from their start line to grab and start throwing dodgeballs.
- This is where the big twist happens. When a player gets “out,” which can be getting hit by a ball or their ball being caught, they stay in the game and continue playing. The difference is, when you get someone out, one member of your team from the sideline gets to come in. There is no “getting out” in this version of dodgeball. Once you are in, you stay in.
- Once one team has gotten their entire team out on the court, they win, unless you want to continue to play…
- Optionally, you can continue to play. Though this makes the game quite a bit longer, you may want to add a little more spice to your game. Once one team has all of their team members on the court, every new person they get out on the other team joins their team. Think red rover. Once one team has every player on their side, they win!
- Explain thoroughly
- Don’t be afraid to throw in your own rules, especially if it’s your first time playing.