What it is:
A little twist on the classic “Name that Tune” or general music trivia. Instead of raising your hand or yelling out the answer when a song is played, participants text in their answer. The first to text in the correct answer wins. It’s all about fast fingers and knowing your music!
What you’ll need:
- High school or junior high students that have their own phones
- A laptop or other device to play music from
How to play:
- Make sure every student has a phone that can text (pair up those that don’t).
- Make sure everyone has the leader’s phone number.
- Decide what you want the trivia answer to be (song title, artist, both?). It’s easier to do just one.
- Have your students get a text message ready to send to the leader of the game.
- Play music from a Spotify, iTunes, or any other playlist from any device.
- The first person to text in the correct answer wins!
- Keep track of scores and go to 10, some other amount, or limit the amount time you will play the game
- For a little extra excitement, make sure the song is spelled correctly. Autocorrect will give you some laughs as your students text and send quickly.
- Use a wide variety of genres and old to new songs to even the playing field a bit.